Walt Disney World Hotels Opening Dates (2022)
2022 Update–All of the Walt Disney World Resort hotels are now open! Disney’s All-Star Sports was the last resort to re-open in late March of 2022.
During its downtime, All-Stars Sports has undergone a room refurbishment. Rooms are expected to resemble the ones that were introduced at Disney’s Pop Century a few years back.
Related: Disney’s Pop Century Resort Review
Disney’s hotel opening dates for 2021 have been trickling out since the beginning of the year. You may or may not be aware that all of the resorts at Walt Disney World haven’t reopened at this time.
However, as things continue to improve, we are only left with a handful of resorts awaiting to return to full service.
As of this update, we are excited to announce that all hotels have either re-opened or now have a scheduled re-opening date.
Here are the latest Walt Disney World hotel opening dates that are scheduled:
- July 19, 2021 Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- August 26, 2021 Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- August 26, 2021 Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House
- September 16, 2021 Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- October 14, 2021 Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Riverside
- October 28, 2021 Disney’s Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
Additionally, we’ve added the club-level opening dates here. There have been several announced and more are expected to follow in the coming months.
At this time, the following Disney World hotels have re-opened.
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- Bay Lake Tower
- Boulder Ridge Villas
- Copper Creek Villas and Cabins Review
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- BoardWalk Villas Review
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
- Grand Floridian Villas
Additionally, the Swan and Dolphin Hotels have resumed normal operations.
Related: Swan and Dolphin Hotel Review
In other resort news, Disney’s Contemporary is undergoing a refurbishment. The rooms in the tower are receiving an Incredibles makeover. I’ll have an update when more specifics are disclosed.
Additionally, when the Polynesian reopens on July (19th), it will have new guest rooms. If you missed it, we had a preview of the new Moana-themed rooms here a few weeks back. Compared to the current rooms at the Polynesian, I think these will be a huge improvement while adding a touch of Disney to the resort.
Trying to decide which Disney World Resort is right for your next vacation? Make sure to check out our list of Disney World Resort reviews to see which hotel will work best for your family.
And we’ve recently taken a slight deter to look at a few hotel options near Disney that aren’t specifically located on the property. Try these:
- Orange Lake Resort Review in Kissimmee
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Review
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Review
- Hilton Signia Orlando Review
Check out our guide that specifically looks at Disney World Character Dining in 2022, and our Disney Springs Best Restaurant Guide.
If you have a resort near Disney that you love, make sure to let me know in the comments below. I’m hoping to add some good alternatives and comparisons for those who visit regularly.
That wraps up our look at the Disney World Hotels Opening Dates in 2022.