Max and Goofy are a fun pair to meet at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Previously, they met together in the park wearing a variety of costumes. Goofy, playing the role of a cool dad, wears a tropical shirt sporting vacation vibes.
Max, the typical teen, wears a bright red shirt with purple pants like he did in A Goofy Movie. Unfortunately, as of this update, Max is no longer meeting guests in his Powerline cosplay outfit at Hollywood Studios. (In the movie, Powerline is a world-famous rock star popular amongst teens, including Max.)
However, he does lead a roaming troupe of performing characters in his Powerline outfit during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. So you can still see him on those special evenings if you attend the party.
Below, we’ll discuss where to find Goofy and Max at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Warning, these two have moved several times over the last year. So you’ll want to check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for their exact location.
We were surprised to find they had moved on a recent visit to Hollywood Studios. Not only that, but the pair is no longer a duo. They are meeting in entirely separate locations!
Meet Max at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Max and Goofy meet intermittently throughout the day between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Their official meet-and-greet times are listed in the My Disney Experience app.
Here are a few of the locations where they’ve met at Hollywood Studios within the last year for reference:
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Side Patio
- Grand Ave across from Muppets Courtyard
- Echo Lake
On our last visit, we found Max had returned to Echo Lake and was meeting in regular costume again. He meets behind where the boat is sitting in the photo below. If you look closely, you can see a PhotoPass photographer has arrived a few minutes ahead of his next scheduled time.
A few minutes later, he showed up, and we were able to meet him quickly. However, it’s important to note that Max is a popular character. We waited in line for approximately 30 minutes the last time we met him.
Max is full of energy and always ready to pose for the camera. Here are a few photos.
Meet Goofy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Goofy is still meeting along Grand Ave across the walkway from Muppets Courtyard. This offset area is immediately on the right before you cross into Galaxy’s Edge. Here is a photo of the location.
Goofy meets guests in his tropical vacation vibe shirt at this location.
Like father, like son–both Goofy and Max love to pose for the camera.
Goofy is always good for a laugh.
Need to Know:
- Max and Goofy both sign autographs, so you’ll want to have your autograph books out and ready for them to sign.
- PhotoPass photographers were available at both meets on the day of our visit. However, they are not guaranteed.
- If you have trouble finding a character, ask a cast member wearing a blue shirt at any character meet. These cast members work with characters and are usually in the know about where and when to find someone.
- Always check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for the exact location and time of character meet-and-greets. (Always)
Video of Max and Goofy Arriving at Their Character Meet
Here is a video of Max (as Powerline) and Goofy when they formerly met together on Grand Ave.
Hopefully, this article gave you a good idea of where to find Goofy and Max at Disney World! For other character meets at Hollywood Studios, you might enjoy the following:
- Meet Disney Junior Characters at Disney World
- Meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse at Red Carpet Dreams
- Meet Sulley at Monsters, Inc.
- Meet Edna Mode at Hollywood Studios
- Meet the Incredibles at Hollywood Studios
You might also enjoy seeing some of the characters at Star Wars Launch Bay:
Or you can browse our list of every character meet at Disney World.
What do you think?
Do you plan to meet Goofy and Max when you visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Would you wait in a long line? Share your thoughts, questions, or experiences in the comments section.