Disney recently announced they were introducing a new, special early theme park entry benefit for certain guests. These guests include those staying in a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and guests of other select hotels.
The new benefit will provide these specific resort guests with the opportunity to enter the theme parks 30 minutes in advance, beginning October 1, 2021. Per Disney’s announcement, these select resort guests will be given “the first chance to enjoy select attractions at every theme park, every day. ”
*A theme park reservation along with a valid ticket will be required for admission.
Disney Resorts Eligible for Early Theme Park Entry
So what hotels will offer this early morning theme park entry benefit?
For starters, all of the Walt Disney World Resorts. They are listed below.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Coronado Springs Resort at Disney World
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Hotel
- Bay Lake Tower
- Boulder Ridge Villas
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House and Kidani)
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- The Riviera Resort at Disney World
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Grand Floridian Villas
Additionally, these other select hotels and resorts will have access to the early theme park entry benefit. We’ll update when we have official word.
Disney Springs Hotels Eligible for Early Theme Park Entry
- B Resort and Spa Lake Buena Vista
- Double Tree Suites by Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
Other Resort Hotels Eligible for Early Theme Park Benefits
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando (Bonnet Creek)
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando
- Shades of Green on Walt Disney World Resort
At the time of this announcement, the following anticipated hotels were not listed as being eligible for early theme park entry.
- JW Marriott Bonnet Creek
- The Swan Reserve
If you would like to know more, you can access the full list of hotels on Disney’s site here.
Planning a Walt Disney World vacation? Make sure to check with our travel partners at Firefly Travels. You can contact them for a quote or any questions you need answered to begin planning your vacation. If you would like to know more about the importance of using a travel agent for your vacation, read, “How to Find the Best Disney World Travel Agent.”
From the way it sounds, Disney will be replacing its former morning extra magic hours with this early theme park entry. In comparison, morning extra magic hours were only available at select parks on select days. While extra magic offered a full hour of early park entry, the new theme park benefit will provide thirty minutes.
With that being said, an extra thirty minutes in the mornings will allow guests time to get to a popular attraction or two before the larger crowds arrive. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
For more resort news, try our Disney World Resort Re-Opening Dates (they all have re-opened or have scheduled opening dates.) Or you might like to browse the dates available for Disney’s club level re-opening.
What do you think about the upcoming early theme park entry for resort guests? Is this something you plan to take advantage of on your trip?