Bar Riva has become one of our favorite hidden gems when it comes to dining at Walt Disney World. If you’re staying at Disney’s Riviera Resort, you won’t want to overlook this location. While it presents itself as a bar or lounge, the restaurant has a full menu with appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
This Bar Riva Review will preview the menu, a few entrees, and tips for visiting whether you’re staying at the resort or not. Bar Riva is the primary lounge and pool bar at Disney’s Riviera Resort. However, it sits outside the pool area adjacent to Primo Piatto, the resort’s quick service.
Often, we enjoy hopping on the Skyliner at Epcot’s International Gateway and taking it to the Riviera for lunch at Bar Riva. It’s a short 10-minute ride from the park to the resort. Bar Riva is less than a five-minute walk away. So, if you need a break from the parks, this is the perfect solution for a meal or cocktail.
Since the Riviera was modeled after European Hotels, the resort has some unique differences from a modern hotel. Bar Riva is no exception. The entire front of the establishment is open to the elements. If you were to dine here on a cooler evening, space heaters keep the place warm and comfortable. Air conditioning keeps things comfortable during the hotter months.
A glance inside immediately exposes the stunning space. Blue tiles invite you in and provide a contrast to the stark white accents. A suspended wood ceiling hangs overhead. Plush seats reside at the bar. A lower, counter-height bar accommodates guests in a wheelchair.
Additional seating is available throughout the lounge. A banquette takes up the entire far side of the wall. This wall has a mural of the French Riviera with a familiar ship in the background.
Bar Riva is open daily from 11:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. However, sometimes hours can fluctuate, so you’ll want to check the exact hour on the day of your visit. You can do so by selecting dining in the My Disney Experience app. Underneath the parks, you’ll want to select “filter more” for location and then find Disney’s Riviera Resort.
Bar Riva has a menu with various items like salads, sandwiches, appetizers, and entrees.
Bar Riva Menu
Here are some of the menu items. If you prefer, you can preview the entire menu with current prices on Disney.com.
Bar Favorites include:
- Spicy Italian Sandwich: Sliced Capicola, Salami, Ham, Provolone, and Vegetable Giardiniera served with a choice of Soup, Romano & Herb Fries, Side Salad, or Fresh Fruit
- Bacon Cheddar Burger: Signature–blend Burger with Bacon, Aged Cheddar, Shredded Lettuce, Tomato, and Aioli on a Toasted Brioche Bun served with a choice of side
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich: Roasted Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Spinach Artichoke Spread, Toasted Focaccia and served with a choice of Soup, Romano and Herb Fries, Side Salad, or Fresh Fruit
- Sticky Chicken Wings: Drizzled with Chipotle Agrodolce and Truffle Aïoli
- Baked Brie: Topped with Confit Tomatoes served with Crostini
- Mushroom Arancini: Risotto, Mushroom, Cheese, and Truffle served with House-made Marinara
- Grilled Vegetable Skewer: Harissa-marinated Vegetable Skewer, Plant-based Cucumber Yogurt, Tomato Lemon Vinaigrette, and Quinoa Salad served over a Grilled Pita (Plant-based)
- Salmon with Orzo: Seared Salmon with Pomodroccio Tapenade and Lemon Orzo
- Tuna Nicoise Salad: Seared Rare Tuna, Crispy Greens, Potatoes, Egg and Dijon Vinaigrette
- Greek Salad (with Chicken or Shrimp): Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Red Onion, Feta, Crispy Greens, and Vinaigrette
- Burrata Salad: Served with Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Pesto, and Focaccia Bread
Kids’ Meals include:
- Sautéed Shrimp
- Pasta with Marinara
- Pizza with Cheese
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Fried Chicken Strips
- Sunset Margarita: Teremana Blanco Tequila, Grand Marnier Liqueur, Smoked Chili Bitters, Lime, and Agave
- Il Tramonto: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Aperol, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade, Turmeric, Pomegranate and Orange
- Coco di Paradiso: Plantation Pineapple Rum, Aperol, Coconut, Pineapple, Lime and Soda Water
- Negroni Spritz: Malfy Originale Gin, Campari, Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth, and Q Tonic Water
- Pineapple Mule: Uncle Nearest 1884 Small Batch Whiskey, Hella Cocktail Co. Ginger Bitters, Pineapple Juice, Ginger Beer, and Mint
- Riviera Spiked Ice Tea: Grey Goose Vodka, Bacardí Superior Rum, Magellan Gin, Corazón Blanco Tequila, Cointreau, Sweet-and-Sour, and Coca-Cola®
- La Petit Fleur: Cîroc Vodka, Lillet Blanc, Camomile Tea, Lemon and Soda Water
- Aperol Spritz: Aperol, Nino Franco Rustico Prosecco and Soda Water
- Almande Grog: Courvoisier VS Cognac, Appleton Estate Reserve Blend Rum, Disaronno Originale, Apricot, Honey, Lemon and Soda Water
Here is the Salmon with Orzo.
I was more than pleased with this dish. It was a sizable portion, and the orzo had a zesty lemon flavor that kept me returning for another bite. The salmon was a nice portion. You can tell it was a nice meaty filet. I cook a good deal of salmon and prefer a nice hearty piece that won’t quickly overcook.
During this meal, a table nearby ordered the Tuna Nicoise Salad. It looked like a tasty dish, so I saved it to memory for a future visit. My salmon and diet soda cost approximately $32.00 with tax and tip. So, I felt like I had a quality meal for a reasonable price that didn’t require a reservation.
On my last visit to Bar Riva, it was scorching outside. So, I ordered the hibiscus coconut refresher. The refresher is a mix of hibiscus, coconut, honey, and strawberry with soda water poured over the top. It comes with a strawberry garnish.
For lunch, I had the Greek Salad with Shrimp. My salad was packed with olives, cucumber, artichokes, red onion, and chickpeas.
It’s kind of hard to tell from the picture, but I was surprised at how many shrimp were included in the salad. Like other things we’ve tried at Bar Riva, the Greek salad is hearty and filling.
This meal cost approximately $26.00 with tax and tip. It felt like an excellent value. I had a refreshing drink and a healthy meal. Plus, the atmosphere was delightful. Overall, I can’t say enough good things about Bar Riva and Disney’s Riviera Resort. While the resort is more upscale than most, it has a seaside charm that keeps things casual.
For more information about Disney’s Riviera Resort, you might enjoy the following:
- Disney’s Riviera Resort Review
- Topolino’s Terrace Character Breakfast Review
- Le Petit Cafe Review
- Primo Piatto Review
- The Pools at Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Transportation Options at Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Riviera Resort Photo Tour
For more lounges, we consider hidden gems:
- Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge Review
- Territory Lounge Review
- Crew’s Cup Review
- The Enchanted Rose Lounge
In the Comments
Have you had a chance to visit Bar Riva yet? Do you take advantage of dining at the resort lounges on your vacation? Did you know they had such great dining options? Share your thoughts, experiences, or questions in the comments below. We enjoy reading your responses and value your participation.